Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) occurs when the spinal cord gets damaged following an accident, falls, sporting injuries, or following diseases, such as Polio, Spinal Bifida. Treatment on focused on:
- Stretching activities to maintain muscle and tendon length and reduce or keep muscle spasms/spasticity to a minimum.
- Flexibility and strengthening exercises for the whole body.
- Breathing exercises to maximize lung function and prevent chest infection.
- Balance and posture exercises
- Functional activities to improve fundamental movement patterns
- Walking re-education.